Energy-Efficient Homes Provide Value Now and in the Future
From the moment you walk through the door of an energy-efficient home, you’ll see, feel, and hear the difference. Truth is a well-designed, efficient home is a better value today and will save you money tomorrow.
Building or purchasing a new home is a big investment, so you want to ensure it’s built to last. Homes with the ENERGY STAR® label have undergone a rigorous inspection, testing, and verification process to ensure they meet strict requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Rest assured that every new home built by Dakan Homes earns the coveted Energy Star designation. This means your new home has been designed and built to standards well above other builders.
To meet or exceed Energy Star requirements for a new home, Dakan Homes combines innovative design with tried-and-true building best practices to construct a durable, comfortable home with lower utility and maintenance costs. In fact, our Energy Star-certified homes have undergone more inspections and testing than typical homes to ensure they have been built to a higher standard.
Better Systems Are the Difference
We design all of our new Energy Star-certified homes to include value-adding, energy-efficient features such as:
- Complete thermal enclosure systems that include comprehensive air sealing, quality-installed insulation, and high-performance windows to improve comfort and lower utility bills
- High-efficiency heating, ventilation, and cooling (HVAC) systems designed for optimal performance
- Comprehensive water management systems that protect roofs, walls, and foundations from moisture damage
- Energy-efficient lighting and appliances that work well, last long, and help keep utility bills low
Energy-Efficient Construction by the Numbers
We design all of our new Energy Star-certified homes to include value-adding, energy-efficient features
According to Energy Star, certified homes save energy, save money, and help protect the environment by generating fewer greenhouse gas emissions than typical homes:
- Certified homes use 20 percent to 30 percent less energy than typical new homes
- Certified buildings generate 35 percent fewer greenhouse gas emissions
- Research shows that energy-efficient buildings sell for up to 31 percent more than non-certified buildings
- Certified buildings rent at a rate that’s up to 16 percent higher than non-certified buildings
Building your dream beach house at the Jersey Shore is a big decision. Be sure to choose a builder who’s committed to using high-quality construction practices that will benefit your family now and in the future. Visit our website to learn more about The Dakan Difference.